FLAWED AND FABULOUS Country Antiques and Collectables

https://www.facebook.com/flawedfabulousantiques

03 December, 2014

Painting and greening the carpark.

Rod was home this weekend and we finished painting in the carpark.
Rod lifted a few low bricks on the edge and added another 4 bags of crusher dust then levelled and rolled it. 
We still have a few concrete repairs to do but now I can roll back that big roller door for some more light and air and it won't be an eyesore. I think I will wait until the weather is cooler to finish painting the rest of the place. We put some big pots out there and the old picnic table. The green really pops on the red and yellow backdrop.
So over these hot days.
Going over to see jim about my signs this morning. I haven't wanted to press him as his health has deteriorated so much it is almost an impossible task now. He has peripheral neuropathy and his deterioration has accelerated rapidly. It is affecting his balance speech and now eyes. It is gut wrenching as he has built a beautiful little workshop but he now struggles to move around out there. Such a lovely man he deserves better. Life can be cruel.
The second sign will be vinyl  I would never put him to so much trouble again. A friend that he trained is handling it. I am looking forward to getting back open again. This weekend my youngest is returning from Dubai finally after 9 months. I am heading to melbourne to see her and will open again when I get back. I will get her to  print those flyers as I had so much trouble with the files.
I'm still commited to reopening but I do need to organize more space and fix the lighting as it is a bit of a  dark hole. When the fence goes up I will push out through the red door but in the meantime though we will repack the storage area and push out the unrestoreds.